American Wool Series

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Wednesday's are for Sharing



I've decided to take an idea from other bloggers and have a theme day. So Wednesday's are for sharing, not to say strictly that I won't share cool stuff on other days but yep, Wednesday seems about right. The idea is to post about cool stuff I've found online (or otherwise) with y'all. I'm sure other knitters & crafters will have found these things too, but if you haven't, hey I guess I'm giving you a heads up for patterns, yarns, and other general craftiness. So we'll start it out with a pattern I'm totally drooling over cause it's got some sweet retro action going on. I haven't bought it yet but that's because I'm over my knit book budget for the month. The pattern is 'Flair' and you can find it here. She's got a good blog too, funny and witty. I love the sleeves on this and the slight 'swing' style (very Jackie O) as well as the overlapping fronts. I think it'd be gorgeous knit up in some Cascade 220 heathery-gray yarn. And because this is my first 'Wed. sharing' post here's another: Namaste knitting bags in faux leather. I love love love the everyday bag and am going to slap it at the top of my Christmas list this year. They come in other designs as well, but I really like the size of this one and the very handy division inside between knitting and purse stuff. Plus it comes in lots of purdy colors. Which one do I want? I'm waffling between black (goes with everything) and the rust color. Although I don't have a brown purse. See, waffle. At 69$ they're a bit pricy for a knitting bag but I can totally see myself using this all the time and not just for SnB night. Hells yes. So there it is. Wednesday's are for sharing - aren't you glad?


No comments:

Post a Comment