American Wool Series

Monday, August 6, 2007

Au Courant


aucourant
Originally uploaded by zombiegirl1
Progress on my Fifi is sloooowwww. I got a few rows in a couple of times and then lost a marker and screwed up my increases so I frogged it - twice. Third times the charm so I'm plodding right along. This yarn is not as soft as the Cascade Fixation I used for some socks but maybe it will soften up after blocking. It is Elann Esprit in Peacock Green ( I think that's right.) and I also went up a needle size from the pattern to get gauge. The pattern says this has 4 inches of negative ease built in but I'm still wary of the sizing. But I'll forge ahead as always and continue LOVING cables and how easy they really are. Gorgeous! I also started a sock but will post when I'm a little farther in - tis the season for elastic blend yarns it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment