American Wool Series

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Petite Rant




There's a new Radio Shack commercial that I totally despise. Totally. Completely. Have you seen it? A couple gets into an argument about the guy's record collection (granted he has it all over their apartment) and she storms out. While she's gone the guy digitizes his vinyl and gets rid of it!!!! So when girly returns the place is clean and organized and uncluttered and she smiles with a dreamy look on her face. Disgusting. Blech. Retch. This is seriously an ongoing debate between myself and a friend of mine (digital v. vinyl) and I always argue that records are great both soundwise and because of the visual presence in the home. Records intrigue people, guests at my place have a tendency to gravitate towards the vinyl collection and flip through it. But they always want to hear something. I'm not saying that I'm anti-digital I have an iPod with duplicates of stuff that I have on vinyl for portability. But when it comes down to it I'm a vinyl whore for sure. I just can't get over this advertising monstrosity - real love does not mean digital love. Gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment