American Wool Series

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Chock full of Fun

Yes yes yes. Yep. Yeppers. Oui. Si. If I knew more I would continue but as I don't I'll have to get on with it. Comcast guy was here on Saturday so I have uberfast digital geekiness going on via the internet. Hee hee. I can't believe we waited this long. Anywho, at left is the beautiful new beast called the iMac. Gotta love it. She's telling me how I should knit up my new Briar Rose yarn into a Clapotis for mom. I agree. In fact that gorgeous 1000 yard skein is already looped up into two skeins and ready for action. That is, after I get the pattern printed out because I seem to have lost the copy I printed out at an earlier date. Bummer.
Not to be outdone is my darling Fifi. After three weeks of single project hardcore knitting she's finished! Just in the knick of time for the end of the kal. Sheesh. Here are the specs: 7 balls Elann Esprit in Peacock Green (at 2.49 a skein this was a far cry from the Rowan Calmer the pattern called for.) Knit up on #7 circular needles. Modifications: I worked the cable rows all the way down to where the plain ribbing starts. I moved said ribbing down to begin below my bust line and not at the nip-line. I personally don't want attention drawn to that area, especially on cool days. I worked the center cable and diagonal ribbing on the front only as I thought it would look rather strange running along my spine on the back. Finally, I increased the length of the sleeves and the body to create a regular t-shirt type sizing. She's super stretchy in case of weight fluctuations and cool enough for summer wear or layering this fall. Je t'aime, Fifi.

No comments:

Post a Comment