American Wool Series

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Sick Knitting


my city
Originally uploaded by zombiegirl1
I've been feeling pretty crappy that past few days which ended up in my leaving work after three hours yesterday, running home, ditching the work clothes, and sleeping for about three hours. Naps were interrupted by short spurts of reading (trying to finish up the What is the What since it is due), watching the rest of the first season of Queer as Folk (it is due tomorrow) and knitting my Fifi. The book is still in progress, the Folk is finished, and the Fifi, well....the Fifi missed a cable about 6 rows back and I had to frog her a bit but she's back on the needles now. I decided that I would throw her on some scrap yarn and try her on for size while I had her off the needles, folks, this is going to be a long knit. I don't think it'll make the KAL deadline. My initial gauge was smaller since my yarn itself was smaller but I moved up the size of the needles and hit gauge that way. I just didn't think to move up a size as well. I think my solution is to continue on (she's not that much smaller) and work increases on every, or every other, row. I think this will work out just about right if I do about 4 inches like that. I wanted to move the line where the pattern changes (see Sexy Knitters Club KAL posts for examples) so that it wouldn't fall right across my nip-line, but a couple inches below. I also planning on making it a bit longer with longer sleeves. Cross your fingers as it's going to be a bumpy and long ride.

2 comments:

  1. And I hope you feel better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's strange, I totally WAS feeling better until last night. Now my throat is all tight and my nodes (har har...nodes) are swollen. It's a chain reaction and good thing the weekend is coming up so soon.

    ReplyDelete