American Wool Series

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Knit 2008 & How Ravelry Promotes Voyeurism

So I didn't meet my goal to finish the second mitt before today but that size 0 knitting after two margaritas just doesn't work out. Anyhoo, I'm well on my way and am hoping to get into the increase sections by tonight as Winter Quarter starts tomorrow. Boooo!! Three months to go and I'm finished with community college - cross your fingers. I'd like to do just a little knitrospective on this past year. Um...I learned to knit in 2007 and became completely and utterly obsessed with my new hobby. I've done colorwork, lace, socks, and sweaters. So what do I want from 2008? I'd like to take a knitting class of some sort, work on finessing my lace knitting, work through my 3 sweaters' worth of yarn, knit more socks, and try steeking. Quite the hefty list of new techniques and projects which is fueled by the fact that I'm addicted to Ravelry voyeurism. I troll people's queues and read over profiles and projects lists constantly. All.the.time. I can't help it, it's what it's for right? All of that wonderful knitting information and inspiration is just out there, waiting to be ogled and read through and added to my queue. Knitters are so good about enabling others' addictions to fiber arts that I have no power to resist. It really is futile.

I almost forgot to plug my fo. Grandma's Sockies (aka Citrine Socklets) from IK Holiday Gifts in Rowan Cashsoft DK. I finished these while my sis was here and I really don't like working short row heels. I also worked a plain round toe rather than a short row toe. When Grandma received these she said she had never learned to knit socks in her 50+ years of knitting. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment