American Wool Series

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Belated Music Monday


There was a plan to start a new blog feature this week - Music Monday. I'm not sure I'm exactly an audiophile but I do love music, especially if it's in vinyl form so I thought it might be fun to talk about new stuff I've heard and am interested in as well as stuff I already own and looove. Unfortunately I had a fairly busy Saturday and a death in the family as well so I'm feeling fairly emotionally erratic and could do nothing but knit, listen to music, and eat neopolitan ice cream. My mourning is manifesting itself in weird ways - taking bleach and a toothbrush to the grout in my bathroom, organizing and reorganizing drawers, lethargically flipping through every knitting book I own. On the upside the music listening is providing fine fodder for Music Monday thoughts. Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings has been a recent favorite she's got soul and some great mo-town stylings that I just love. Think nouveau Aretha with some sass and a toe-tapping back up band and you've got it. I'd like to add that it's mighty fine for dancing to while cooking, linoleum provides a good surface for booty shaking.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Erin I am sorry.
    And you fabulous musical taste makes me wonder if you like Nicole Willis?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need some sass in my life right now, so thanks for the music rec!

    ReplyDelete