American Wool Series

Monday, December 31, 2007

New Years, New Mitts

I stayed up fairly late (for me) last night finishing up the increase sections of the Endpaper mitts. This has been my favorite project so far. I stepped out of my color comfort zone and am so happy I did. All I have left on the first one is to finish up the contrast ribbing on the thumb. The goal is to zip through the second one just as quickly so I have an FO for the New Year - I think it's a good way to start the year off, don't you? Second in line is the Tangled Yoke Cardigan which I started what seems like a long time ago (pre-holiday knitting era) and which I want to finish as soon as possible. It's difficult after knitting through so many small projects to tackle a big one but I've got some brand new O-wool burning a hole in my knitting bag for the Minimalist Cardigan. I've got sweater-lust big time and the only cure is to finish a couple off before it gets warm (ha!) in Seattle. Safe and Happy New Years to everyone! Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Look at you go. I worked on mine last night and got to the middle of the increases. They are fast and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The endpaper mitts look like a lot of fun to knit. BTW, I've been sending positive thoughts the Wichita way. :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, maybe these would be great for your mom to work in when the County is starving to save a penny. Very swank, I would love to be the first at work to ware somethese. They are beautious! You are so good......

    ReplyDelete