American Wool Series

Sunday, January 6, 2008

New Things, Old Things



It's really cold today, I'm really tired, and I can't believe it's already Sunday. Blech. But my Endpaper Mitts are done after one week of complete knitting monogamy. I finished these on Thursday night while watching Out of Africa and I'm so happy with them. Specs: one skein Louet Gems in Eggplant, one skein of Koigu Kpppm in #803, size 0 circular and #2 dpns. I'm on to my Tangled Yoke Cardigan with new-found verve. My new cold-flu virus has decided to make itself at home in my head, all the fluids and nyquil in the world made no difference. Somehow I woke up this morning with only a slight sniffle and cold-medicine hangover and I can feel almost normal again. Reading Mrs. Dalloway definitely hasn't helped my head, I think Virginia and I are definitely only polite old acquaintances by now. She drops in every few years to say hello and have a brief visit while I try not to nag at her for leaving crumbs on the counter and her laundry on the floor. We have fun but not enough so that I don't feel a pang of relief when she takes her leave. On a better note my new favorite dessert is pistachio pudding with a dollop of coolwhip on top. Don't ask me how I came to this truly delectable decision, it came from some fortuitous cupboard diving. Yay.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better. My cold/flu has morphed into a miserable sinus infection. I want to die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, those look great! I hope I will get to see them tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete