American Wool Series

Friday, January 25, 2008

Friday's Song


Happy Friday! This week has been an emotional rollercoaster for me which leads to lots of knitting but also some introspection. I miss living in Northern California, even the soul searing heat in the valley would be fine with me. I've got sensory flashbacks to late nights at 80 degrees with nothing but a tank top, a cool, tall drink, music floating out and up into the sky. I've got a feeling that I'm heading toward middle-of-the-road living and I don't like it. My late-teen early adult anger is gone (that's a good thing) but I feel that it spurred me on to so many things - a lack of fear, a gutsy confidence, staying up until dawn for no good reason except seeing the sun come up. I need 8 hours of sleep, I stopped dyeing my hair, I removed all of my piercings, I haven't gotten a tattoo in years. Some might say that's part of growing up, I suppose it is, but something is gone that I want back and I'm not quite sure what it is. My Libral tendency is to overthink, look at all sides, take account and decide. What happened to my fly by the seat of my pants attitude? I need some excitement people. Good thing it's a Friday, the weekend is ripe with possibilities.

2 comments:

  1. Mmm, if only the weather was like that now...where's that photo, btw? Beautiful!

    You put it so succinctly; I get that feeling too sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mendocino - from when I last came down during Mom's birthday. Maybe it's the company I'm missing!:)

    ReplyDelete