American Wool Series

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Covet! Wednesday

After all of the Holiday hubbub and cash outflow wouldn't it be nice to just sit down with your stash for a while and knit for free? I think so. In fact, I'll be doing that for a while. There's been a sock craze going on for the last year or two (more?) and while I see some of that passion being turned to lace knitting lately I'm still pretty new to hand-knit sock loving. It is indeed a slippery slope into sock-sorption. I've been working on the lovely pattern above from Knitzi out of some Socks that Rock and it's super easy and pretty fast and I think I'd like to knit it up in some softly striping yarn like the picture. They've got a couple more free patterns on their site, I especially like the Twinkleberry socks. Knitty is also a treasure trove of sock patterns - Pomotamus, Monkey, and many many many more. I hear Monkey is especially good for variegated yarns. If you're just feeling a need to sit and knit socks, socks, and more socks this year go to KnittyChick for a comprehensive list of free sock patterns and it's even in alphabetical order! So bust out your favorite weapon of sock-knitterly construction and get going, it's all free and you know you've got the stash for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment