American Wool Series

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Some Kinda Love



I've been immersing myself in the second season of Big Love and it's fantastic. The focus is less on the sexual aspect of polygamy and more on the family dynamic which I find more appealing, I suppose the first season was meant to get people hooked on the show. I can just imagine some frat boys jostling each other for the remote and picturing Bill Paxton getting it on with all three wives at once and being disappointed at the lack of boobage. Probably not a returning demographic of the show I'm guessing. I'm enjoying it thoroughly and while knitting and watching last night I was thinking how well done the music was. Um, yeah, it's David Byrne. Of course it's great, it's DAVID BYRNE! It's exciting to watch how the characters are being developed and given more depth, I see this the most with Nicki and her wacked out side of the family. (Follow this link to find out which sister-wife you are.) I could go on and on about how much I love Big Love but how about some knitting? I've been cruising right along on the second sleeve, up until now I've only done top-down raglans so I wasn't aware of how much time is involved in sleeves. Only a few more inches left and I'll be ready for joining to the body. The end is in sight!

Edited to add: By the way, I'm a Barb.

4 comments:

  1. OMG I LOVE Big Love! I think we need a ravelry group..."I Knit to Big Love"!

    I hate Nicki...she is so annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just put the second season on my Netflix queue the other day--I love it as well, but unfortunately we don't have cable anymore. I would join a Big Love ravelry group!

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. I took the quiz--I'm a Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooo, Season 2, I need to get on that! And quiz says I'm a Barb; I'm cool with that :) What'd you get?

    ReplyDelete