American Wool Series

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

The pain! The pain!

Most of Sunday, all of yesterday, and I'm assuming all of today I have been or am in a great deal of neck-related pain. This happens every so often, I fall asleep in the wrong position and a neck injury I received while boating (actually tubing behind a boat) flares up like brand new. The Man has to help me out of bed since I can't actually move from my shoulders up and I struggle to get on with my day while trying to ignore my immobility. Why do I do this? It's mom's fault. Every time she was sick or injured she worked herself until she was about to drop dead. I follow suit even while thinking that it is incredibly ridiculous and I should be at home, propped up with pillows, and reading or knitting or browsing past issues of IK. So today is that day. The Man helped me up to post an email to my morning instructor, I will call work soon (I already tried but the machine wouldn't pick up), and I will shortly crawl back into my flannel-sheeted bed on much too much ibuprofen and, finally, rest.

3 comments:

  1. Awww. Sorry you're hurt. I'm sick. And also among the not working. We deserve it.

    PS-yaaay! We're Ravelry friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're feeling better! I added you to my "blogs I read" list- I hope you don't mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm feeling much better today and actually have mobility without pain. Hooray! Thanks for adding me to your blog list Katie. Another Hooray!

    ReplyDelete