American Wool Series

Friday, November 2, 2007

Knit Winter


The Winter issue of Interweave Knits is here. I got mine in the mail yesterday and I found it, well, a little underwhelming after the kickass Fall issue. Don't get me wrong there are things I will knit from this issue but I didn't feel the wild knitting abandon I felt with the Fall IK. I like the swing jacket (left) and the sweater on the cover. Maybe it's the colors the projects are knit up in that turned me off or the fact that one of the models seems to give the stinkeye. I'm trying to visualize most things in different colors and with slightly different shaping - slightly longer or with shorter sleeves. It's a little difficult to do because I really want to like everything as is and instead am feeling knit-ambivalent. In any case, most of my personal knitting is on hold for Holiday knitting because I really just realized that the Holiday season is practically upon us. Must knit faster.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you on the winter version of IK being "underwhelming." Have you seen IK "Holiday Gifts?" There are a number of great sock patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the preview of Holiday Gifts but went to order it and it was already sold out! I'll be checking my various LYS's to see if they still have it in stock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Erin - I saw the Holiday Gifts magazine at Barnes & Noble at Northgate yesterday so it's at regular bookstores, too, not just yarn shops.

    ReplyDelete