American Wool Series

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Covet! Wednesday


This being the first Wednesday post-birthday I have a bit of knitterly news to share, but that can wait for another day. My latest Knit Picks order arrived with yarn for my Modern Quilt Wrap and my metal double-points. I just have to say that those metal dpns are fabulous. I love them so much that I cast on for a sock right away and finished one already. I had to get used to the weight of the needles but besides that they are wonderful and pointy and remind me a lot of piercing equipment. Who wouldn't love that?

I also received Knitting Classic Style by Veronik Avery which is oh-so-pretty. Most patterns in the book are already queued up for someday knits. The book is organized well with good, and sometimes multiple, pictures of each item. It drives me crazy when patterns aren't shown clearly because the model is slouched over or too far away to see the stitch patterns. Not so with this one, the photography is pretty but practical enough to see how it actually fits the model and it also makes me want to move to a rural farmhouse where I can wear my hand-knit sweaters while tromping through the forest or milking my pygmy goats. I love love love the military cardigan and am already looking for a substitute yarn, maybe cascade 220 in a heather color. This is bordering on obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment