American Wool Series

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Covet! Birthday Edition




Today is my birthday, fluffblay, or earthday depending on who you talk to. Yesterday I was told, "Welcome to your late twenties." Big whoop, none of it counts until you hit thirty and I'm planning a blowout for that one. I've been really really naughty in the past couple of weeks buying yarn like nobody's business but not necessarily casting on like mad. It's made for some good yarn sniffing and fondling and my crutch for all the spending is that it's my birthday month. Why not celebrate? The most recent purchase (as of 5 minutes ago) is Sundara Yarn's new yarn club. I'm really excited as this is my first yarn club, she changed it up from her previous club so it is by monthly subscription rather than a huge chunk of cash for x amount of months of yarn. Also exciting about this is that she gives you the choice of seasonal colors of yarn. I totally went for the Autumn colors cause that's my thing but have a looksy cause she's got some gorgeous stuff and it's different for each subscribed month. Weee!!! I've been a bit drooly over sock yarn lately, maybe it's the podcasts I've been listening to which are sock-centric. So I made my first purchase of Blue Moon Fiber Arts Rockin' Sock yarn. 3 SKEINS!! Rocky Horror (pic above), Space Dust, and Hoofle Foofle. I'm impatiently waiting for them to arrive so I can sleep with them under my pillow and dream of the socks to come. My Sophie's Toes purchase also arrived from etsy and it is soooo squishylicious and I love the color - Rustic Cabin - which will nicely show off some lace patterning. There are more things I could add but these are the most recent and therefore most exciting.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like some loveliness, can't wait to take a peek :) And it's good to spend money on yourself, shooooot, that's part of why we work right, enjoyment!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought a skein of Blue Moon's Rocky Horror. I can't wait to get it. Blue Moon sock yarn is the BEST. I am so in love with it!!

    ReplyDelete