American Wool Series

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Birthday Booty


squash
Originally uploaded by zombiegirl1
The past couple of days here in the Northwest have been so Autumnally gorgeous I just can't stand it. I feel obnoxiously pleasantly tempered towards everyone and everything, even work. Today the Man and I hit the U-District farmer's market for some hot cider, honey boscs, and antique apple varietals. Delish stuff, and since I'm learning to spin (!) tomorrow I headed on over to the Weaving Works to pick up some roving and of course a couple of skeins for fetching gifts. Today just made me want to kick up my heels and drink up some cider and that's exactly what I'm going to do. Well, kick up my heels onto a stool and do some knitting anyways.
I eluded to some awesome birthday booty in an earlier post so I think I'll just enumerate the goodness here really quick: two books from my bestest gal pal in Norcal( The Abortion by Richard Brautigan and The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger), three skeins of Socks that Rock, an iTunes gift card from the Berd, a Visa gift card from the Mom, the new Elizabeth movie with Wes and Boy Aaron, Harmony interchangeable needles from myself, AND from the Man himself a swift and a ball-winder. So much knitting and reading gloriousness that I'm going to have a heck of a time working through it all. But that's half the fun, huh? Here's best wishes to all of you out there in the blogosphere and hoping that your Fall is as wonderful as mine has been. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I love these days, they're so absolutely wonderful! And what killer boo-tay! And look at those purdy squashes, they're so neat :)

    ReplyDelete