American Wool Series

Sunday, October 27, 2013

A Month of Favorites: Days 26 & 27

You may have noticed that I'm lumping days together lately and all I can say is that I'm really tired and still recovering from my cold and my visitors and my birthday. My good friend, Monica, put together a birthday party for me last night at a local coffee shop/bar and I may have imbibed a bit too much of my favorite pumpkin beer (it was worth it). I also got a slew of gifts from my lovely friends who also happen to be knitters. I've known most of my knitting group since I started attending in late 2006 or early 2007 and I've become fast friends with them. We watched Labyrinth, which is my favorite childhood movie, and marveled at David Bowie and his, um, codpiece. If you've seen Labyrinth you'll know exactly what I mean.

I got presents!

Last week I received a tube of fancy shmancy lipstick from Jessica which I've been using practically every day (it's this one). 

 Jeanne made me some delicious apple cider caramels which I shared last night but am now hiding from my family so I can eat them all up myself. 

Monica gave me a skein of yarn all the way from Rhinebeck and a pair of Jennie the Potter earrings.

Hannah's present was an Italian silk scarf with an awesome red and white abstract print.

Abra made me a most delicious vanilla birthday cake with star sprinkles. She's my favorite cake baker because she gave me all the leftovers and I had some with my coffee this morning (way too early in the morning, I might add). 

Amanda promised me a future brunch date and she always takes me to yummy places.

Sharon gifted me (and the rest of the party) with some contraband Canadian Girl Guide cookies.

And Jodi presented me with a little pumpkin and a craft book for zombie felties. I made my way down to the local Joann's this morning and picked up craft felt and sequins and beads galore to make some of the projects. 

Due to my violent love affair with knitting I sometimes forget about the joy I feel when I'm crafting other things like teeny zombie cats.

I guess that's really two days of favorite things - a party with some of my favorite people and some non-knitting crafting just for fun. 

Do you have other crafts besides knitting that you indulge in?

No comments:

Post a Comment