American Wool Series

Friday, October 25, 2013

A Month of Favorites: Days 24 & 25

I've slacked on writing the last couple of days since I was nursing a head cold but I seem to be doing much better now and am mostly recovered. The last week or so has been really chilly in Seattle and it's making me appreciate my wool blankets. I only have two but they've been so cozy this last week I think I need more of them!

 My Old Shell Shetland Shawl is serving two purposes - if my arms are cold I fold it diagonally and wrap it around my shoulders and if my legs are cold I use it as a lap blanket. Although it's very light, it's also very warm and has found a permanent home on the back of my sofa.
Little A's Mitered Crosses blanket came out of storage and is now gracing her big girl bed and keeping her nice and toasty during bedtime. She also has a tendency to bring it into the living room for snuggle time on the sofa - something we both enjoy. 

Blankets aren't my favorite thing to knit but I have to admit that they are much warmer and nicer than commercial blankets, even those fancy throw blankets that have to be dry cleaned. Do you have a favorite blanket pattern?

1 comment:

  1. Nice blankets. They are a slog to do, but worth it in the end. I like the Tweed Baby Blanket by Jared Flood (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/tweed-baby-blanket). I made one for my grandson almost 4 years ago and my DIL reports that he still uses it every day. Smile. Ninaclock145

    ReplyDelete