American Wool Series

Monday, February 25, 2008

Music Monday


Morrissey has been a part of my life even when I didn't know it. I thought my first exposure was a mixed tape (yes, cassette tape) that Nickie made for me and that subsequent replays and replays and replays stretched out and distorted. I was wrong. The 80's movies that my teenage babysitter, Brenda, brought over and let me stay up late to watch were filled with instrumental Smiths songs. Ferris Bueller's Day Off when the crew is in the museum, Ducky pondering his unrequited love for Molly Ringwald in Pretty in Pink. There's just something about teenage angst and Morrissey that go hand in hand and Louder than Bombs is the best (in my opinion) vehicle for expressing that angst. A good friend gifted me with his double vinyl album that had made it through the 80's, desert heat, and a house fire not to mention my constant replay of favorites. There is such a broad array of subject matter, of music and vocal stylings that one can't help but to find something appealing and that expresses exactly a mood or fleeting feeling. Louder than Bombs is my holy grail of MOZ.
By the way, if you're on Ravelry there's a Morrissey Lover's Group. Join.

1 comment:

  1. Issss it really so strange...

    damn girl! I was just listening to the Moz the other day and doing a little shimmey :) I think I was intro'd to that particular album by Liz and my first trip to Amoeba *wipes away tear* oh the nostalgia!!

    ReplyDelete