American Wool Series

Monday, February 18, 2008

Music Monday

Almost forgot about music Monday, it being a holiday and all. The Black Angels album Passover is one I've had in the vinyl library for quite a while but it's not in constant rotation on the turntable. However I recently pulled it back out and had a listen - post-work funk and a tad anti-establishment feeling I felt right at home with it's droning, psychedelic sound. There's a blatant sexually intoned in the throbbing drums and hypnotic sounds. I never quite understood what people meant when they described a band as having a psychedelic sound, just that there were probably a lot of drugs involved in the album's conception. But I get it now, listening to the Black Angels I feel a tightening in my lower gut, an animalistic urge to take the system down from within, to start a fight, to close my eyes and roll with the drone. Fluid and intense the songs seem to melt any resistance away and leave one feeling curiously full yet hungering for more. Not for the faint of musical heart.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm, sounds good - I'll be checking that out. Gracias chica :)

    ReplyDelete