American Wool Series

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Covet! Wednesday

I'm in major love for all things aubergine/plum colored these days. Curiously enough I have nothing in my wardrobe to reflect this so I've been daydreaming about a little cardigan or pullover in this gorgeous stuff from Blue Sky Alpacas. Its a 50/50 silk/alpaca blend and I loooove it. The only thing holding me back is that it's fingering weight (ouch!) which is a bit well, tedious for a whole sweater and the price tag is about 10$ for 146 yds. Not too bad for the luxury of the blend but I'd need about 14 skeins for the project I have in mind. Maybe it'll be my one purchase from the tax return we'll be getting but I know I want to just bury myself in a pile of it and take a nap. Yum.


1 comment:

  1. i bought blue sky alpacas yarn last year from webs (yarn.com) so it was 20% off which helped a bit with the cost.

    ReplyDelete