American Wool Series

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Road Trip!


My mom and sis got to experience every type of weather in their first 48 hours in the Pacific Northwest/Eastern Washington. Sunny here, sunny on the way over, windy across the flatlands, snowing as we interred Grandma's ashes, icy on the way back, snow over the pass, buckets of rain around North Bend and drizzly and gray and cold last night. The trip went very well and us three girls had a great time gabbing in the car and catching up and laughing ourselves silly. We capped off the trip with some yummy Indian food and I ate myself into a food coma. Spokane was...interesting. It's rather sprawling and has really beautiful old buildings as well as some super 70's retro-tastic architecture that my mom remembered from her high school days. We hit up Paradise Fibers which did a bit of damage to the pocketbook yet made me happy and satisfied. I picked up some stuff that I hadn't seen at my favorite LYS and fondled pretty much everything else. Oodles of roving and spinning wheels and yarn, yarn, yarn. I also got most of a sock done in the car and knit until I couldn't see a darn thing which made me wish my project was plain stockinette, alas it was not. We're off today for who knows what - see some sights, maybe take in a cupcake or two. Yum.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great time :) I'm glad that you all have this time to be together!

    ReplyDelete