American Wool Series

Monday, March 24, 2008

Music Monday


While crafting at Jessica's place yesterday the subject of desert island albums came up. She said that for a long time her album was the White Album and it got me to thinking about what mine would be. It took about two seconds. David Bowie's The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars is probably my most cherished album. It fits any mood, the lyrics are amazing and I think it's one of the most well-conceived concept albums ever. EVER. This was the first piece of vinyl I ever bought and it's got the original liner notes with lip licking pictures of a very young and sexy Bowie as well as the rest of the band. When I'm feeling ambivalent about my turntable I always reach for this and it gets my audiophile juices flowing again. Words can't express - just listen.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm, that is a tasty album. Beautiful fashion too!

    I think I'd probably go Nina Simone Wild is the Wind. Or perhaps I Put A Spell on You. She does me right; her voice resonates in my core and stirs up my emotions. It's tough there is so much amazing music out there. That's why it's good to do top 5 ;)

    ReplyDelete