American Wool Series

Monday, March 17, 2008

Erin Go Bragh!


The Man is on tour with his Irish/folk/punk band - Meisce - for St. Patty's Day and is playing the Great American Music Hall in SF tonight. I will not be braving the streets and bars of Seattle tonight, instead I'll be meeting up with my knitting group and taking it easy and trying very hard to avoid the drunken public. As I got ready this morning I put on my Pogues record and celebrated my Irishness in a completely sober way. I picked up this record on my sojourn to Ireland a few years ago and while it's not in constant rotation (the Man is not a fan!) it is my favorite Pogues album. The guys are young and energetic, the song progression is lively and varied and the album itself is a pretty dark red. It also doesn't include my two least favorite Pogues songs - Fiesta & Fairytale in New York. Each time I listen I'm transported back to Dublin and the best two week vacation I've ever had. Real Guiness, incredibly delicious vegetarian food, cider and train rides, over-friendly strapping young Irishmen, being the tallest girl in the room always, and the real deal in Irish music. Erin go bragh!

No comments:

Post a Comment