American Wool Series

Friday, March 21, 2008

The Happy Aftermath

After Wednesday's post about wanting a new job I made the momentous decision to put my notice in at the current place on Friday (today!) and to see what happens. It also serves to get my butt in gear and explore some different avenues open to me as far as what I want to do verses what I need to do. I've decided to focus my energy on my school work and getting my UW apps in and studying up and possibly even doing some writing to get back in the habit. Hopefully this Fall will see me attending evening classes somewhat full time at the U and also working at one or two part-time places with flexible schedules and good work environments. It's a difficult thing when you've worked at a job for 3+ years to get out of the comfort of being somewhere familiar with a steady income and suddenly have no set plans for more income (scary) but also freeing and exciting with endless possibilities. What are your dream jobs? What gets you happy and committed to a work place? How do you find a good balance between paying the bills and being fulfilled in your everyday work? I know it will work itself out eventually, but for the here and now I woke up happy this morning.

3 comments:

  1. Your post sounds so familiar. Thats because I was in the same spot. When I decided to try and quit "the abyss" (as I like to call that particular job) they offered a buy-out and I took it right on the spot. A week later I had a new job. So don't worry, your doing what is best for you and thats what matters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, you are so brave, hooray!! Totally my hero :D I hope that something wonderful comes your way!

    ReplyDelete