American Wool Series

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Today

Today my armpits smell like zebra stripe gum. I ran out of my usual deodorant and resorted to some free sample size thingy that came with some body wash or some such nonsense. It's supposed to be 'fresh scent' but all it really smells like is chewing gum that will lose it's flavor in about two seconds. How can I take myself seriously when I smell like candy? Not to mention the whole hunger-triggering thing that happens whenever I lift my arms to do anything. It's really kind of weird.
I'm about 3 inches away from binding off on my cardigan and then on to the sleeves. I'm also off to finally choose a button for my split neck short sleeved tee from Fitted Knits. It was my first knitted garment for myself and I'm ready to give it a good blocking once I've got the button sewn on. That way the split won't curl in on itself. I'll post a pic once that is all ready to wear. Wish me and my sweet pits happy button hunting!

4 comments:

  1. Happy sweet pits!

    Mm, guess that wasn't right. But what was right was my rad package today, thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear god. This is hilarious. I came over from the Fitted Knits-along to see your short-sleeved cropped cardi, and instead I'm laughing my arse off.

    The tooth-fairy used to bring me zebra-striped gum ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad my pits are a source of amusement! What's funny is I haven't been to the store to buy more of my regular stuff - so I'm STILL USING IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin, This is great. Where do you find the time to keep us up to date with all that you do? I love your knitting and am excited to see all of your projects. Thanks for all your enthusiasm. I hope it will rub of on me and my knitting.

    ReplyDelete