American Wool Series

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Exactly!

First thing this morning I ran into this article in Newsweek called: Stop Setting Alarms on My Biological Clock.
It really is the culmination of all my frustrations about mothers and/with children. I would love to have a child, someday. I would love to teach them manners when it happens, and boundaries, and all that other stuff that I think is common sense but it seems isn't. I thought for a long time I had a general dislike of children because they made me uneasy and sometimes annoyed. But now I know it wasn't really children in general but children in public whose parents can't or won't control/admonish/lovingly reprove/set boundaries for their offspring. I love children who are well-mannered and listen to their parents, who know how to say hello to an adult and not go into a paroxysm of crying or screaming when their wants are shot down. I love love love kids. I want one someday. I think parenting is the hardest job on the planet and I have a deep respect for people (like my mommy) who raise children who become responsible and thoughtful adults. Read it, you'll see.

2 comments:

  1. She's not touching your belly is she? Good article!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, no belly touching, but seriously!! Women have enough pressure without the added stress from other people to pop one out. Ick. Can we say population control?

    ReplyDelete