American Wool Series

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Up She Goes


I hurt my knees really badly last weekend on cracked Downtown Seattle pavement. I've been gimping around ever since. I finally felt as if they were getting better and then yesterday I knelt down to get something and realized that both of my ankles were swollen as well, when I do something I do it wholeheartedly apparently. No skimpy skinned knees for me, I have to twist an ankle and chalk the stiffness up to the knee injuries. Long story short I've kept my feet up all weekend which while annoying on it's own has led to some major knitting progress.
I started with some Cascade Fixation (cotton/elastic) that was in my stash from last year and decided to try knitting socks. After thumbing through Favorite Socks from Interweave Press I decided on the Flame Wave socks by Ann Budd which coincidentally calls for my specific yarn. Hooray! After a couple cast-on/ frog sessions I finally got the hang of the lace pattern (first time working with a chart and with lace). The color is actually a little more periwinkle than the photo shows but I'm just starting the heel flap and hopefully by the end of this evening I'll have turned the heel. Up go the legs, down goes the sock.

1 comment:

  1. OOOO, first comment EVER!!

    Lovely spot you have here :) And lovely sock, lordy, someday I hope I can figure that stuff out on me own. No worries though, just the fun!

    ReplyDelete