American Wool Series

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Color Work It


colorwork bag
Originally uploaded by zombiegirl1
This is another FO from this past week when I broke my knees. It's my first colorwork knit and I had a lot of fun figuring out how to knit with both fingers and carry yarn and all of that. The pattern is from Handknit Holidays by Melanie Falick and I used Cascade 220 in a mulberry-ish heather and a pinkier solid. It worked up super fast on #8 circs, I think in about three days, and I blocked it and let it dry around an empty flour jar which helped ease the puckering from any tension issues I had working with the two yarns. After it was done I weighed it to see if I had enough yarn from those two skeins to knit another one for my SIL for Christmas. I sure do! It'll be in the opposite color scheme though, with the pinkier shade as background and the darker color for the pattern. I hope it works out well. Hooray for color work!

No comments:

Post a Comment