American Wool Series

Saturday, March 9, 2013

FO: Storm Warning

yarma yarma



Pattern: Storm Warning by Liz Corke
Yarn: Kitchen Sink Dyeworks Seacell Merino Fine (no longer dyeing)
Needle: US #6 (4.0 mm) Hiya Hiya Sharp
Mods: Drama! Truth be told I think most of my knitting projects have it out for me one way or another. I thought this little sideways shawlette would be just the thing: weigh yarn, increase to half the yardage, decrease till your done. Sounds easy, right? Not so much. I think I misremembered the original yarn weight. But I compared what I had in the ball to the yardage listed in Ravelry and thought I was good. Nope. I knit faster and faster and still ran out of yarn about 5 inches short of where I should have. My trip to stitches was not fruitful in gaining more yardage of a similar blend and so I ripped back past the halfway mark, which included the removal of beads, and re-knit the dang thing. I think it turned out well even with all of the attached yarn drama.

1 comment:

  1. Regardless of drama, this knit turned out fantastic. I will be adding this pattern to my queue!

    ReplyDelete