American Wool Series

Friday, March 29, 2013

FO: Pressed Leaves

I admit it. I almost forgot that I knit this hat until I was browsing through my flickr photos for something to blog about (my sweater still has my full attention and will be finished this weekend).

Pressed Leaves
Pattern: Pressed Leaves by Alana Dakos from her wonderful new book, Botanical Knits
Yarn: Tosh DK in Moorland (discontinued color)
Needles: US #6 and US #7 Addi Turbo and Addi Turbo Lace
Mods: None! The pattern is both written and charted so you can choose your poison. I loved working my way through the chart as the whole hat is one large chart. No repeating lines x through z; just one work-through and there you are - a hat! The FO is quite beautiful even though I chose a very literal color for the leaf design. I took it to knitting and gave it away to my friend, Karen, who wears it with the correct amount of panache. This hat was too pretty to languish unworn in my accessory wardrobe and that is what would have happened if I had kept it for myself. I advocate using a very pointy tipped needle for the body of the hat since the twisted stitches are much easier to do with sharp needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment