American Wool Series

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Wednesdays are for Sharing..






I'm pretty excited about this post, so much so that the first thing I'm going to share is already on my 'Darling Husband, this is what I would like for Christmas list'. He's okay with that - it never hurts to steer him in the right direction. Easy these days with all the knitting action going on. Anywho, Knitpicks just released Harmony - interchangeable needles and cables that are wood. Oh my, are they ever wood! So cool and kind of gaudy old-ladyish at the same time. I heart them. So you can buy these kids singly or in a set that comes with size 4 - 11 needle tips and 4 cables. For now I'll just have to sustain myself by visiting their website and drooling a little.


As Fall weather is fast-approaching, rather already here in the Northwest, my thoughts turn to layering. Sweaters, scarves, coats, and my new favorite thing - fingerless gloves. I found these
cool ones through Ravelry
but you can get the free pattern here. They're oh so pretty and I can't wait to knit them up in some pretty fall colors. I love the pattern and the length of the cuff. Long enough to go under a coat but not so long you're wrists look like sausages. It seems that painter's palette is a popular yarn choice for these so you can head on over to Knitpicks and get yourself some 1.99 yarn and some harmony needles then download this pattern and knit happy thinking - Wow! That girl Erin, she sure does all the work for you. Well, all of it but the knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment