American Wool Series

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Fair Enough


Which is I've had enough today - all day today. My feet are sore, I'm tired of people, my ears are straining for silence and I can't wait to put my feet up, have a glass of beaujolais, and knock a few rows of Clapotis out. This was my first time at the Puyallup Fair (pew-al-up for you non-Northwesterners) and I'm glad I went. I ate fair food (pretty much everything deep fried, although not on a stick) and was searching somewhat-in-vain for the craftiness I remember from fairs as a kid. But I did find this guy (see pic) who just ate, blows raspberries at the camera, and is about the size of a lap dog. Yay!! He's a baby pygmy and soooo cute! I was actually swayed enough by his pint-sizedness to tell the Man yeah, sure, we can have goats! How about that one? You mean they need friends? Okay, three or four would be fine too. Too cute. I decided I pretty much love dwarf-size things. Dwarf bunnies, baby chickens, pygmy goats, shetland ponies. The list goes on. I've got some craft rant for later but for now, I'll leave you with this picture. The man sure does love goats. He loves them enough to gaze longingly into this one's creepy goaty eyes and whisper to it... I want to take you home but my wife says no. Sure, thanks, blame it all on me. It's not my fault I only love dwarf animals.

1 comment:

  1. HA! that is too rad :) So you're getting a bunch of kids eh? The goat kind I mean :) They are SO my favorite too! I love how they chew on the frays of cutoff shorts, melts a gals heart!

    ReplyDelete