American Wool Series

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Smitten

Lately it seems as if my excitement about knitting is waning a bit. I cast on, knit, and bind off projects at my regular knitting clip but things have felt a little...lackluster. Until this week. Amy Herzog* just released a new cardigan pattern, Aislinn, and I felt myself perk right up. Maybe it was the Springtime photography, maybe it was the lace pattern in the front panels, or the cute little ties in the front, but all of a sudden I felt compelled to cast on a swatch and see if I could knit Aislinn out of some recently acquired Miss Babs Yowza - Whatta Skein! in a lovely color called French Marigold. Doesn't that say Spring to you? 

*I've been watching Amy's Craftsy class, Fit to Flatter, in short bursts of quiet time over the past couple of weeks and I'm eager to try out some of her methods and advice on fitting sweaters on my proportionate, straight waisted, and busty self.

No comments:

Post a Comment