American Wool Series

Friday, May 3, 2013

Purlygirl Retreat

Later this morning I head off to Port Townsend for the third annual Purlygirl retreat. We'll be staying at Fort Worden and doing lots of knitting, eating, and laughing our heads off. I'm working on packing my knitting projects.
 I'm winding these little lovelies into balls to cast on Fiar by Irish Girlie Knits. My new friend, Sonia, is knitting Fiar and I'm basically just copying her brilliant idea (we have the exact same gradient set). This is a gradient set that I picked up at Vogue Knitting Live and the colorway is Flutter.
 I swatched my French Marigold Miss Babs and got perfect gauge for Aislinn on size 5 needles. The swatch was slightly dense before washing, but after a nice bath it created a lovely fabric. In my experience, superwash yarns have a tendency to become very fluid after washing so I think this yarn knit at a slightly dense gauge will be perfect for a cardigan with both stockinette and lace.
 Mr. B's birthday socks are coming along for the ride. These are what I'll knit on during the ferry ride and any late night shenanigans. The pattern is Gentleman's Half Hose in Ringwood Pattern (a very simple texture pattern).
I also did my nails last night. For three whole days I'll be away from sorting papers at work, housecleaning, and other rough-on-my-hands activities so I thought I'd get extra fancy. I'm not super awesome at painting my own nails but I like this pretty well. Sally Hansen's Black Out with some Essie luxeffects in A Cut Above over the tips. It's 4-year-old approved. 

I'll be back after the weekend! Enjoy yours!

1 comment:

  1. Love the nails! Have a blast at the retreat!

    ReplyDelete