American Wool Series

Saturday, May 18, 2013

FO: October Leaves Fingerless Mitts

Pattern: October Leaves Fingerless Mitts by Abbie Tilden
Yarn: Sincere Sheep Cushy Fingering in Be Mine
Needles: US #1 (2.25 mm) Hiya Hiya Sharps
Mods: None! (Her wrist looks bumpy because of her watch.)

Remember my super-secret knitting project for my knitting group retreat swap? This is it! I drew Meg for the swap and I knew I'd have fun knitting something for her. She has a toddler size girlie at home and is a working mama so I know she doesn't get as much time to knit as she would like. Meg knits lots of hats so I thought the next best thing would be some fingerless mitts that she could use at the park with her kiddo or going for walks. The swap theme was small accessories with lace or cables or both. I think these mitts fit the bill perfectly - they have cables running up both sides and the gusset increases are integrated into a lace leaf motif. Meg seems like the kind of lady who appreciates a little luxury, so I chose a fingering weight yarn from Sincere Sheep in a merino, nylon, and cashmere blend. The yarn is a dream to work with - nice and round with a bit of density to it that makes it flow through your fingers and off the needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment