American Wool Series

Monday, May 3, 2010

Waiting, Toe-Up

I'm anxiously waiting to hear back about the apartment we viewed on Friday evening. It's in a good location and is a good size for us and May's rent is free. That means we could take the whole dang month to move stuff over there which would be awesome since moving with a toddler is not something I look forward to. In the meantime I cast on for my first EVER toe-up sock. Judy's Magic Cast On works like, well, magic. I followed the tutorial on Knitty and everything went swimmingly. I'm knitting the Penny Sock by Maia Discoe of Tactile Fiber Arts in some Chasing Rainbows Dyeworks Kona. Ravelry says the yarn is a fingering but it's a sportweight for sure. I don't normally knit socks on this heavy a yarn but I didn't know if I would like toe-up socks so I thought faster would be better. The sock is a little wide but that's okay since I'll be using them as house socks. So, here I am, knitting my socks and waiting for a phone call.

No comments:

Post a Comment