American Wool Series

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Kira

Kira is done! I have a small adjustment to make with the button placement to keep it closed a bit more snug but I'm really happy with the finished sweater. I ran into a couple of problems - mainly that I ran out of yarn just short of finishing the dang thing but luckily we had the same dyelot at the shop. I found my ceramic buttons from Stitches and they're a perfect match. This sweater feels so light I think it will become my late Spring/Summer wardrobe staple. I can't say enough good things about the yarn either. In all 7+ balls of yarn I only found ONE knot. Excellent!

Pattern: Kira by Cecily Glowik MacDonald
Yarn: St Denis Nordique by Classic Elite Color #5820
Needles: US #6 Harmony & Addi Turbo
Mods: None!

I do suggest knitting this with a bit of positive ease (mine has about 1.5 inches) so that it can be worn with a lot of different things. Happy knitting!

3 comments: