American Wool Series

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

FO: Ruru


Pattern: Ruru by Kylie Bates (free on Ravelry)
Needles: US #3 (3.25 mm) Hiya Hiya Sharps
Mods: I used a larger needle and you can see what happened - I ran out of yarn at the top of the second mitt! It wasn't an intentional modification since I thought I had grabbed a 2 1/2 size needle and once I realized my mistake I had most of the first mitt done. These are really fun to knit and super fast. Little A will get a lot of wear out of them and she should be able to wear them through the rest of this year (I hope). The owl cable motif is really fun to knit.

This project counts toward my goal to knit more of my sock yarn scraps this year and use patterns that are in my Ravelry library. This yarn is now completely out of my stash!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely knit and what an excellent way to use scrap yarns!

    ReplyDelete