American Wool Series

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

2014 Annual Purlygirl Retreat

 Last weekend I went out of town on the Annual Purlygirl Retreat to Port Townsend. Despite the ominous picture the weather was beautiful and I was able to take a long walk on Saturday and do some exploring. Other than my walk on Saturday, we ate a lot of food, played games, drank some drinks and did a lot of knitting and talking. My drink of choice was white rum with extra ginger ginger beer and some lime. My knitting project of choice featured the yarns below.
Brooklyn Tweed Loft in four shades of gray: Soot, Sweatshirt, Cast Iron, and Snowbound (left to right and top to bottom). These are for a sample knit so I can't share more than that but I can share the fact that I love knitting with this yarn. It's so light and lofty that I contemplated picking up a sweater quantity at Churchmouse Yarns and Teas on Bainbridge Island. Sanity won out seeing as how I've accumulated multiple sweater quantities this year between Stitches West and Vogue Knitting Live Seattle, but I'm definitely thinking about it for a future purchase. The weekend was relaxing, my extra day off to recover was necessary, and I'm already looking forward to next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment