American Wool Series

Monday, February 22, 2010

Ravelympics & I'm Off!

The Ravelympics (aka the Knitting Olympics) started last Friday during the Opening Ceremonies. For those out of the know, Ravelry hosts the Knitting Olympics in which you choose a project or projects to complete during the 2+ weeks that the Olympics are happening. You can join teams and enter your project in events to win Gold Medals if you finish by the closing ceremonies. It's fun and slightly silly and this is my first year as an active knitter. I chose to knit a cabled vest from Snow Day out of Cascade Pure Alpaca. Things are moving along nicely. I've got the bulk of the body done and should split for the neckline sometime today. I can't say enough good things about the yarn - it's squishy and soft and has excellent stitch definition. I'm pretty sure I can finish by the 28th.

In other news, I'm off to California tomorrow to hang with my family and attend Stitches West for the first time ever. I've got a list of things ready to buy yarn for and some comfy shoes ready to slip on. Exciting!

2 comments: