American Wool Series

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Back To It...Or Not

I'm back from California (and Stitches!) and back in my usual routine. I finished my Ravelympic vest by closing ceremonies and have been plodding along on some not-so-inspiring knitting. I think I need to cast something on in order to get out of this slump I'm in. Last night I found myself watching a movie and not even knitting!!! Zoh my gosh! What is happening to me? I'm feeling some sweater-love building but don't really know which sweater to cast on. Something from my queue? Recently purchased stash? New pattern? Ideas and input are greatly appreciated since I'm rather at a loss for what this funk is all about. Could it be post-Stitches withdrawal?

3 comments:

  1. How about the new cardi released called Manu? I think it looks very versatile and I love the pockets. Just give it a couple more days - I am sure you will find the perfect combo of pattern and yarn to excite you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a post-Stitches funk is very likely. After all that yarn, it is easy to feel overwhelmed. I think casting on from your Stitches stash is great idea. Build off that inspiration. I am hoping to work up the energy to cast on for Travelling Woman in the Brooks Farm Duet I got at Stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm feeling your knitting-funk pain. I'm so uninspired these days, I'm actually going back and working on UFOs because nothing new is sparking my interest -- hmm, maybe this isn't such a bad thing ...

    ReplyDelete