American Wool Series

Friday, February 5, 2010

February Baby Sweater

My first ever February Baby Sweater! Hooray! I love this pattern and can't believe that I haven't knit it before. This puppy flew off my needles in a record three days. Don't let the Little One's sad face fool you. She loves this sweater and dragged it around the house with her until I put it on. The picture was taken very very shortly before a nap.

Pattern: February Baby Sweater by Elizabeth Zimmermann from The Knitter's Almanac
Yarn: Dream in Color Classy in Blue Lagoon (approx 1.1 skeins)
Needles: Size 7 & 8 Harmony Circs
Mods: I used heavier yarn to upsize the sweater to fit Little One. I used #7 needles for the garter yoke and #8 needles for the lace since garter stretches a bit. There are 3 buttonholes added at the yoke instead of all down the front of the sweater. The body is knit to 10 inches before adding the garter at the bottom but I kept the sleeves 4-ish inches long before adding the garter so they're a little bit cropped.

1 comment:

  1. The sweater and the baby are both beautiful, even with the sad pre-nap face. :)

    ReplyDelete