American Wool Series

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Unexpected


I received a lovely and unexpected gift in this afternoon's mail. It cured my recent homesickness for the time being. My best friend sent me some honey made by a friend of ours, a pear shaped candle & holder from the local Mendocino Bounty store, and an awesome kids' book called "The Tenth Good Thing About Barney". The card in back is a woman holding up a sweater with a heart/thought bubble that says World Wide Knitting. Awww. Ever since the little one has arrived I miss my hometown more and more, which is weird considering how ready I was to leave when I moved to Seattle. However, the incredibly hot summers are not missed nor the even-more-depressed-than-Seattle job market. This cheered me up big time. Thanks, lady!

2 comments:

  1. That book is soooo sad. I could boo hoo right now just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so welcome hon! I'm hoping to get back up this fall for a visit to smother you and the babe with hugs :D It's getting grim everywhere - we're budgeted for a reduced work week for the entire next fiscal year. Least I have a job though. Luv to ya! Oh and random side note, Gillian from the theatre found me on Facebook! Dakota went to Le Cordon Bleu. Just love the random interweb connecting :)

    ReplyDelete