American Wool Series

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Mariah


I knit most of this while I was pregnant so all I had to do was knit the button bands, weave in some ends, and sew on buttons.

Pattern: Mariah
Yarn: Elann Incense in Cypress
Needles: #8 harmony, I think

The sleeves are really frickin' long on this. I'm pretty sure I even made them shorter than the pattern calls for and they still go over my fingertips. It's also a little over-sized and I'm not sure if that's because I knit a larger size than I needed since I was prego or if my gauge was off. It's more of a hang around the house, want to be comfortable, don't care much about the fit kind of sweater. I also didn't knit the hood, I just decreased until I liked the neckline and then did the same ribbing that is on the bottom of the sweater to match. Actually, I like this better now than when I was knitting it last Fall. Maybe letting it marinate in it's own juices for a while did something for it. Dunno. This is #4 for NaKniSweMoDo & #5 is blocking as I blog. I've almost hit the 6 in 6 months goal I set for myself. There are also a couple hats (both green as well) blocking and a pretty little scarf on the needles. Now I just need to decide on #6. Hmmm....

1 comment:

  1. You look fabulous and amazing and you are a stellar knitter.

    That is all :grin:

    ReplyDelete