American Wool Series

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Thanks

Thank you to everyone for all of the well-wishes and congratulations. Little Audrey turns one week tomorrow. I feel everything has been a blur so far but certain moments stand out in my mind and luckily they're all good ones. The Man described this last week as a tidal wave while I think it's more like a passing storm. I'm taking one day at a time and doing my best and I know she's already changing and growing and I should enjoy as much as I can in my sleep-deprived state. It reminds me of the times I would stay up way way late to go to a show and then stop and eat somewhere on the way back home. Super tired and oddly elated by the ringing in my ears and food just tasted so so so good. Yeah, like that, but way better.

4 comments:

  1. Yay you! I'm guessing you wouldn't want your life to be any other way at the moment.

    Until it all settles down and settles in, I'm thinking the "blur" will be the norm.

    Isn't that usually the way of great life moments?

    Congratulations on your new addition.

    ajdury on ravelry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss your baby, I miss you and your man and I miss Seattle in the snow. What a nice memory. she is a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's a tip that saved me when my girl was wee: sleep when she sleeps. Don't clean or cook. It was a lifesaver! My house was not so clean, but she didn't care. Rock on, mama.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME!!!!! Congrats. I'm so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete