American Wool Series

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Finishing Frenzy

Today is my due date. I'm ready to go however the baby is not cooperating and nothing much is happening except a little dropping so I can actually breathe now. It makes sleeping much easier.

To keep my mind off of what isn't going on I've been finishing things like a fiend. My socks are to the left. They're the Little Child's Sock from Knitting Vintage Socks which I ran out of yarn while knitting the second toe. The sock to the left is the one with the different color toe - I like that my camera funks up the color so you can't really tell. :) They're fairly tall socks and I think that's why I ran out of yarn. If I removed the stockinette below the ribbing or just did a couple of rows everything would be dandy. I do like the 'flat toe' on these socks though - they fit my tootsies well.


I cast on the Geordie Stripe Yoke Jacket with leftover yarn from a couple of different projects. I think it turned out fairly well and I had almost enough o-wool to knit the whole hat but ran out right at the crown. I finished it up in the gray. I just have to block it and sew some buttons on. I am officially out of Cranberry O-wool. Yay. The patterns are from Natural Knits for Babies & Moms and this one is going to charity.

Finally, I picked up some fabric last Friday and sewed it up on Saturday as a cover for our nursery chair. It took a couple of hours and was pretty easy to do without a pattern. The top is all the same fabric and I used some lightweight natural denim for the back of the seat since it'll get a lot of wear. My in-laws got this for us from Ikea - it's the poang chair. I was weary about getting a rocker or a glider since they're perfect for crushing little fingers and kitty tales alike. This one has a nice bouncy motion and is super comfortable. We'll see what else I can bust out before the baby makes her arrival, I hope it's soon.


5 comments:

  1. Good luck to you! I hope the little one gets here soon--those last few weeks are so hard anyway and then to go past your due date makes for some uncomfortable times. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little sweater is beauteous and I dig the chair cover. Pins and needles down here in Nor-Cal. Snow is pending, hope it waits untill we get over the mountains, hope that little Addie doesn't. Are you a willing knitter for my cancer fund drive?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, what about having a baby on Friday the 12th? (my B-day) Just think of it. 12-12. It is a fabulous day to have a Birthday. I am missing you and hope to have time to stop and see you on a Monday. Well, Here is wishing you luck or Break a leg, what ever the saying is. (congratulations comes after)

    pambot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, LOVE those colors on the chair cover - muy awesome! Lil' Audrey already deciding to do things when she's good and ready - I love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, I love the fabric! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete