American Wool Series

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Aaargh!!

I thought I would finish a pair of socks tonight for blocking tomorrow and show & tell on Monday night knitting. I thought wrong. Everything is fine and dandy through sock one and now that I'm to the toe of sock two I'm out of yarn. Completely out. There's enough of the skein to weave in an end once I figure out what I'm going to do and luckily the toe is all that is left and won't show if I wear certain types of shoes. What is my plan of attack? I'm not ripping anything back and knitting both toes in a different color. I don't have anything in my stash that matches. So...I'm heading to the shop tomorrow to see if anything comes close in twist and color and if that fails I'll order another skein from Blue Moon and hope that the lot is close enough. I'm not heartbroken, just slightly annoyed by the inability to finish the project that is sooo close to being done. That's what I get for being a project knitter. Blar.

1 comment:

  1. Do you want to take a little of mine that I just used on my hat? Not exactly a match but at least it's the same gauge.

    ReplyDelete