American Wool Series

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Pure Imagination

I was just sitting down to a late breakfast when I heard the faint strains of accordion - or was it a concertina? Mind you, this was not something I heard every day even though the Man sometimes sequestered himself in the spare room to work out an accordion part for his band. Where was it coming from? I peered through all the curtains as the sound got louder. There it was - a young looking guy in fisherman's hat, hoodie, and too big pants topped off by a huge backpack was strolling up my street playing one of those little kid accordions. You know, the shiny red plastic rectangular ones? I giggled to myself and watched him wander further up the street. The tune put me in mind of the one at the end of Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory which has now firmly planted itself in my head. I love living in Seattle.

2 comments:

  1. this made me smile...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Audrey needs an accordian like you discribed.

    ReplyDelete